Driving within the UAE is sheer pleasure.The highway infrastructure throughout the emirates is world-class with up to date signages for simple navigation. In the event you’re wanting a automobile, make sure to try our car rental list with their charges on OneClickDrive.com. The final driver perspective is amicable given the hefty fines for rash driving.
The highway and transport authority (RTA) in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah and different emirates maintains a excessive degree of safety in order to keep away from site visitors accidents and congestions. Nonetheless, as life has it, it’s by no means 100% avoidable. Do you have to ever end up in an unexpected state of affairs and meet with an accident, listed here are our urged steps to take care of the state of affairs the best means. As each nation has its personal guidelines and norms, Dubai has its personal taking cue from different developed nations.
We’ve got answered some questions relating to accidents in UAE on this put up. Learn on fastidiously as this data will aid you additional fines and funds.
1. What to do when an accident happens?
The at first factor to do is to remind your self to assume clearly.
– Flip in your hazard lights and verify if you happen to or any of your fellow passengers is damage
– If it’s secure to get out, verify on the passengers within the different concerned vehicles
– Name the Police on 999 and point out the accident location and if anybody is damage
– Momentarily, look behind to verify if you’re obstructing site visitors stream; if you’re, transfer your automobile to both facet of the highway
– Wait until the Police arrive on the scene
2. What the police would wish?
You would wish sure paperwork in an effort to show that you simply’re driving legally within the UAE:
In the event you’re a UAE resident, you should submit:
– UAE Driving License
– Emirates ID
– Automobile Registration (Mulqiya) Card
In the event you’re a Vacationer, you should submit:
– House nation’s Driving License with an Worldwide Driving Allow (if required)
– Passport Copy
– Automobile Registration (Mulqiya) Card
On submitting the above paperwork to the police on the scene, you are entitled to obtain the police report.
3. How do you have to behave with the police?
Dropping mood is a standard apply when an accident occurs. Nonetheless, whether or not you’ve gotten a rental automobile or your individual, take a deep breath and cooperate with the police.
– Keep away from frenzied hand gestures
– Don’t argue
– Converse when vital, every particular person concerned will get an opportunity to talk
– Don’t intrude with the working of police
– All the time maintain your cool and let the police resolve who’s responsible
4. Police Evaluation Experiences
In case you are driving a rented automobile, it have to be with an insurance coverage protection (that are of many sorts). Usually, all rental vehicles within the UAE embody the price of a CDW (collision injury waiver) a.ok.a. complete insurance coverage. This insures the driving force towards the damages to the automobile in an accident, offered it isn’t your fault and get a inexperienced or white slip by the police.
Fully on the state of affairs and evaluation by the police, you’ll be offered a report. In case you are discovered responsible of the reason for the accident, you’ll be issued a pink (or purple) slip. If not, you’ll be given obtain a inexperienced kind, which implies you aren’t to be blamed. In sure conditions, although not often, a white kind is issued, which implies neither of the concerned drivers are at fault or blamable. You’ll be able to book car with driver dubai
Whether or not inexperienced, white, or pink, the kinds could be in Arabic. In the event you don’t know this language, you could ask the officer however don’t argue on the final result. The police within the UAE is strict so greatest to steer clear of any additional hassle.
In case of a purple slip, you might be liable to pay the rental automobile firm which can get you a restore quote from a storage. To keep away from any injury costs even if you happen to get a purple slip, you’ll be able to go for a full protection insurance coverage (further costs apply) in the beginning of automobile rental. Observe, you’ll nonetheless must get a police report that the automobile rental firm must submit for insurance coverage claims.
5. Do you have to try fleeing?
By no means. It is best to, by no means, try to flee from the accident scene. A wonderful of AED 500 and 6 black factors in your driving license could apply alongwith automobile confiscation for 7 days could apply, if you happen to try or are caught fleeing. Incase one other driver is attempting to flee, be aware down the automobile plate quantity and report it to the police.
6. Inform the Automobile Rental Firm
Inform the automobile rental supervisor you might be coping with relating to the accident, injury to the automobile and police report you’ve gotten obtained. The automobile rental firm will ship you a alternative automobile and clarify to you if you’re to pay any costs.
So, these are a number of the suggestions or components to think about in case you step in